Become A Mentor
January 2016 marked the 15th year for National Mentoring Month (NMM) as a large-scale public awareness campaign, which culminates with the annual National Mentoring Summit. At the national level, the effort is led by MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, with support from the Highland Street Foundation.
- Mentoring builds relationships that are as meaningful for the mentor as they are for the young person.
- Having a mentor empowers young people to make smart choices that put them on a path to making better life decisions.
- Students who have mentors are more likely to stay in school.
- Students with mentors have better school attendance-because they learn the importance of showing up in real life.
- By sharing their own life experiences, mentors provide students with a clear vision of what their future could look like.