Ciara was front and center for H&M Fashion Week in Paris last night. And unlike so many others styling African American hair for the runway, her stylist Cesar Ramirez got it right. The sexy R&B singer rocked a unique tribal-inspired double fishtail braided crown that complimented her tribal print dress quite well.
“When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress”, said the Global Artistic Director of MIZANI. “I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look.”
Get The Look
- To start, Cesar parted the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, he zigzag parted to create an invisible part in the back.
- Next, Cesar started braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI Defyne Wax to really detail the braids. Once he started braiding off the head, he switched to a fishtail braid.
- Cesar then took a separate bundle of custom color blended hair to match her color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
- He crossed and hair pinned the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pinned in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
- Cesar then pulled on each strand of each braid and lightly sprayed MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this created all the loose frizzy texture.
- Cesar finished the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.
In another instance, Karruache Chan is rocking a similar, more polished look for the promotion of her new Kaepop by Karreache cosmetics collection.