Taraji P. Henson’s hair game is always on point, and this side-swept braid style is just one example of how creative she likes to get. The look was worn for Empire’s White Holiday Special and created by celebrity stylist and MIZANI Artist Cesar Ramirez. The hairstyle was “Urban Veronica Lake” inspired, giving her both edge and glamour. The best part about her look is that you can easily recreate it at home. Check out the tips below from Ramirez himself to glam up your own look – but, remember, this look is all about the braids.
- Begin by creating your favorite side part line, and section off hair to be braided. Your braids can be created in any style you prefer.
- Starting on damp hair, apply MIZANI Thermastrength Heat Protecting Serum for anti-breakage and smooth finishing.
- Using a round brush, smooth and dry small sections – this will create volume. After all is dry, use a wide barrel curling wand, wrap and twist random small sections to create texture.
- Once you’re happy with the amount of texture, use a paddle brush and brush through your hair.
- Using your favorite texturing spray, shake your head upside down and spray from roots to ends lightly.
- Use your fingers to separate and lay your hair in place that best complements your face.
Remember to leave the hair looking a little disheveled and piecey for a fun, sexy look.