I hate to use my girl as an example, but this is just NASTY. My first thoughts when I saw this pic was OMG is that a man or a lady? And to my surprise and great disappointment, it was the ever so funny Mo’Nique at the NAACP’s 40th Annual Image Awards. Not a good look at all, and I can only think of one thing worse, which would be wearing a bikini with pubic hairs hanging out from the sides.
If the recession has got you down and dishing out big bucks on lavish spa treatments are not an option, don’t worry. Many people are resorting to the do-it-yourself at home treatments instead.
HOW TO WAX YOUR OWN LEGS:
- Ensure hair is long enough to wax. Hair needs to grow out 1/4 inch (the wax needs hair to stick to otherwise it can be yanked out by its roots).
- Two days before exfoliate legs to remove dead skin.
- Apply baby powder to skin. Baby powder removes oils helping the wax stick better to hair.
- Heat wax in microwave or by immersing container in warm water (follow the package instructions methods vary widely).
- Work in small sections. Apply wax in the direction of hair growth. For proper application hold the stick at a 90-degree angle & apply a smooth thin layer.
- Before wax cools completely apply the strip to wax
- To remove strip peel it in the opposite direction of hair growth. Don’t pull straight up, it’s less painful to keep the strip as close to skin as possible. If the area stings it can help to apply pressure on immediately after the strip removal.
- Apply a lotion containing salycylic acid to prevent ingrown hairs.
- To remove excess wax on skin use a body oil do not try to remove wax with hot water. Also consider a sugaring kit like Moom Sugar. Sugar washes off much easier than wax.