Let’s keep it real, Taraji wears the same hairstyle day in and day out, don’t be using the Oscar’s to pump the product. In any case, it’s a pleasure to find out her healthy hair secrets 🙂 I’ve said it before, I absolutely love how healthy and bouncy her hair is. She wins it for me!
TARAJI HENSON: A SLEEK, TEXTURED BOB WITH SIDESWEPT BANGS
New York-based celebrity hair stylist, Dante Blandshaw, created the stunning red carpet look for Academy Award(R) nominee, Taraji Henson (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”). “This is a clean, fresh, modern take on a layered, textured bob,” said Blandshaw. “I wanted to create a modern, asymmetrical, textured bob with natural movement and shine.” Blandshaw shares expert tips on how he used Aveda products to achieve the look:
- “I started with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Aveda Brilliant Conditioner to soften Taraji’s textured hair,” said Blandshaw. “I love the Aveda Brilliant line because it provides a smooth shine to textured hair and reduces blow dry time.”
- Prep hair with Aveda Brilliant Damage Control to protect from heat styling.
- Blow dry hair straight using a paddle brush.
- After blow drying, add a dime-sized amount of Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme to add additional shine without weighing hair down.
- Flat-iron hair to create the foundation for a smooth, sleek red carpet look.
- Using 1.5″ and 2″ barrel curling irons, curl hair throughout to give bend and movement, accenting the layers in the cut.
- Slightly curl the front to create a soft, side-swept bang for added height and fullness.
- Comb hair through with a wide-tooth comb.
- Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for a light finish. “Aveda Air Control Hair Spray is a perfect complement to this look because its lightweight formula provides lasting hold and shine without weighing hair down,” said Blandshaw. Source
Aveda(TM), The Art and Science of Pure Flower and Plant Essences(TM), was founded in 1978 with the goal of providing beauty industry professionals with high performance, botanically based products that would be better for service providers and their guests, as well as for the planet. Aveda manufactures professional plant-based hair care, skin care, makeup, Pure-Fume(TM) and lifestyle products. Headquartered in Blaine, Minnesota, Aveda is available in Aveda stores, on www.aveda.com, and in nearly 7,000 professional hair salons and spas in 24 countries worldwide.[mashshare]