Woman Dies From Possible Allergic Reaction To Hair Bonding Glue

-
October 5, 2015

News

Chemicals found in relaxers, hair colors, and various cosmetics have often been associated with severe and tragic allergic reactions, and now we can add hair bonding glue to the list of products to take extra precautions with.

In a bizarre case, Atasha Graham, 34, is said to have collapsed from some type of allergic reaction after returning home from a night out dancing. Although there was no way to be 100 percent certain, the coroner's office was told the allergic reaction may have been caused by the combination of sweat from dancing, and glue used to attach her hair extensions, entering into her bloodstream.

Home Office pathologist Doctor Michael Heath told the inquest: “I’ve seen cases where people using solvent to apply hair extensions has actually caused anaphylactic shock. There are about 10 to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months.”

Comments