Turkey Sausage Egg and Veggie Egg Muffins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon.
Drain any liquid from the pan, and set sausage aside.
2. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil, then add the onion and garlic to the pan. Saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add broccoli and tomatoes to the pan, and cook until broccoli is tender, another 4-5 minutes.
Add the spinach, and cook another minute or two, until spinach is wilted.
3. Add the veggie mixture to the turkey sausage, and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley. Stir in the cup of cheese.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the 8 eggs together.
5. Pour the eggs over the veggie/sausage mixture, and gently mix to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
And there you have it! 12 beautiful, veggie-filled muffins that will get you going every morning (recipe source).