Steve Jobs is going down in history, with President Obama and other politicians across America paying tribute to his life and transition.
- President Obama: “The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.”
- Michael Bloomberg: “Tonight, America lost a genius who will be remembered with Edison and Einstein, and whose ideas will shape the world for generations to come. Again and again over the last four decades, Steve Jobs saw the future and brought it to life long before most people could even see the horizon.”
- Mitt Romney: “Steve Jobs is an inspiration to American entrepreneurs. He will be missed.”
- Eric Cantor: “There is not a day that goes by, and often not an hour, that a Steve Jobs invention does not better my family's life. Thank you Steve.”
- Sen. Barbara Boxer: Jobs was a “California icon who embodied Silicon Valley's entrepreneurial spirit of creativity and optimism. By revolutionizing communications, he touched the lives of billions of people around the world. He will be sorely missed.”
Search engine giant, Google has gone as far as giving Jobs a spot on the main page. And one thing is for certain, we know we lost a great man when Google dedicates their main page to his life and transition; something I don't believe has ever been done before.
RIP Steve Jobs, you will be missed.
Continue for more…[mashshare]